Director of Paid Media
Full-Time Remote Position
Fetch & Funnel is looking for a Director of Paid Media to join our Account Management team. You’ll drive strategy of digital programs, while also leading and expanding our team of media buyers.
Summary & Overview
The Director of Paid Media works as the guiding hand in crafting a vision for how all channels drive our clients’ business performance and leads the team to ensure the vision comes to life in our work. You must be a marketer at heart, while also having deep expertise in data, performance tracking, and attribution. You have an appetite for new technology, emerging media and strive to understand and embrace the passion consumers have for our clients brands. You will orchestrate a strategic mix of solutions across social media, search, shopping, email marketing, data strategies, mobile opportunities and more as the digital landscape continues to evolve.
- Grow customer revenue
- Retain customer revenue
- Media planning and execution within key accounts.
- Campaign execution across all primary digital channels.
- Own and oversee research, forecasting, and planning for client paid media
- Lead and expand the account services team.
- Lead strategic planning efforts across client accounts.
- Define the vision, strategy, and operating procedures for service delivery.
- Manage 3-5 media buyers. Set goals, measure performance, coach and train.
- Lead client and stakeholder relationships
- Deep understanding of client business goals – not simply media related goals.
- Help develop client KPIs and ongoing measurement against these goals.
- Help design and implement account team SLAs to ensure consistent performance
Placement & Planning
- Strong storytelling that limits complexity and translates media challenges to marketing challenges.
- Deep understanding of the client’s business goals – not simply media related goals.
- Navigating KPI development and alignment with Strategy and Performance Management counterparts.
- Directing digital investment allocation by activation channel.
- Engagement with Strategy to help define target audience, messaging and marketing mix.
- Building an operational structure for connecting client strategy with internal planning for investment/activation.
- Ownership and creation of team processes for activation by managing Clients, Stakeholders, Platforms and Publishers.
- Oversight of formats, screens and inventory selection to reach KPI goals.
- Ensuring creative/message alignment with external creatives and copywriters.
- Developing single points of contact for tactical KPI performance.
- Excellence in portfolio allocation and resource management to exceed client goals.
- Adoption of a “No surprises” culture – internally or externally – to ensure all parties are informed of client position in the market.
- Development of a plan to evangelize employee, client and operational successes across the agency.
- Ensure reporting deliverables are tied to business goals, not just KPI’s.
- Creating a proper cadence for each required report; accountable for client understanding and digestion.
- Working with Director of Operations to create impactful reporting processes and structures.
As the Director of Paid Media, you will:
- Help define the Client Services vision, strategy, systems and analytics.
- Drive strategic direction, prioritize initiatives and resources against key performance metrics, and work cross-functionally to operationalize initiatives.
- Demonstrate great hands-on team leadership skills, with the ability to strategize, prioritize, delegate, and multitask.
- Coordinate quarterly and monthly client management deliverables.
- Work in partnership with Sales & Operations to identify key projects to improve employee experience, and then help build operational plans to execute against these opportunities.
- Manage and build the Client Services team to ensure effective relationships with customers, while also helping to develop and maintain on-boarding, training and incentive plans to ensure alignment across teams.
- Drive and track adoption of new systems and processes for the account services team.
- Help develop qualitative & quantitative measurement for employee performance, as well as client program execution for quarterly/annual strategic planning.
- Create common infrastructure and capabilities around reporting and planning to get things done efficiently and effectively.
- Rapidly develop and test performance improvement hypotheses; then iterate based on feedback.
What this role calls for:
- Creative Thinking – takes a brand, an objective and a platform and thinks of innovative ways to bring them together.
- Hunger for Innovation – our clients want and have access to truly never-been-done-before opportunities. Helps determine the right ones and brings them to life in impactful ways.
- Storytelling – presents new ideas and ways of thinking and working to senior clients in a compelling way.
- Relationship Building – practices the ability to be personal, understanding and a desire to do what’s best for the team and the client. Fully engaged and present with clients.
- Inspiring Leadership – challenges a team to solve clients challenges in unique ways. Inspires others to try new approaches and serves as a role model to the team.
- Performance Driven – strives to be the most essential partner to our clients, helping them drive the performance of their brand and business overall.
- Entrepreneurial & Proactive Spirit – devotes time and focus to identifying new opportunities and bringing them to life.
- 5+ years of integrated media buying, and planning experience.
- Track record of handling big client ambitions.
- Experience with multi-brand environments.
- Understanding of both Brand and Performance marketing.
- Ability to create and execute a holistic channel approach to planning.
- Experience collaborating with media owners, agency business units and creative agency partners.
- Proven leadership ability and experience managing a team. A strong desire and ability to grow and develop talent.
- Advanced knowledge of media fundamentals and an ability to educate at all levels.
- Strong comfort level with data, analytics and measurement.
- Extensive eCommerce experience.
You will be a great fit at Fetch & Funnel if you are:
- Highly analytical; comfortable with data and numbers
- Willing to travel occasionally, maybe once per quarter
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Always paying attention to details, small things don’t slip by
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Always willing to advocate for your ideas
- Self-driven to succeed and comfortable executing at a high level while working in an entirely remote team setting.
- Driven to spearhead projects and initiatives that may not yet exist
- Only want to work remotely
- PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we love what we do. We’ve created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We’re profitable and focused on growing Fetch & Funnel sustainably. We’re always learning how to make Fetch & Funnel the best place to work for all of us, and not just another agency. We’re always looking for amazing new teammates that offer different perspectives and additional skills to help us build the best agency on the planet.
- Competitive salary with bonus structure
- Health, vision and dental benefits
- 401K plans and life insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Work remotely from wherever you desire
- 2x a year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like coworking space, gym membership, and more.
How to apply
If this sounds like you…
Please email your resume to [email protected], with the subject I’m Your Director of Paid Media.
We can’t wait to meet you!
ps. This is a full-time, 100% remote role.